Syllabus Blurb About the Research-Writing Studio
Below you will see information that you can copy and paste directly to your syllabus. Feel free to use as much or as little as you like.
The Research-Writing Studio is a vibrant, collaborative environment for students engaged in the research and writing process. At the Studio, staff are on-hand to help you realize your own potential as a scholar by providing you with feedback and strategies for every stage of the research and writing process. Use the Studio in-person at Haggard Hall (behind STC) or online at www.wwu.edu/rws.
- Stuck in the brainstorming process? They will provide fun tips to get the ideas rolling.
- Lost for a thesis or organizing scheme? They will help you try outlining with stickies or mapping with markers.
- Troubled with too many, too few, or not the right sources? They will dive into databases to sleuth sources.
- Puzzled by grammar and citations? They will help you spot and edit patterns of error and teach you to manage citations in any style.
- Working in a group? They will provide not only space and equipment but also mediation for negotiating everyone's goals.
- Require accommodation? They offer specialized assistance for writers with learning differences and challenges.
- Working at home? Their services are also available online.